Volunteers needed for the Event of the Year
The GC World Championship runs from Friday 29th July until Sunday 7th August and is entirely at Southwick. For much of the last nine months the Club has been preparing for this and lots of work has been done in preparation by many of us.
Now we need everyone's help to make this as wonderful an experience as possible for players and spectators.
How to help:
- Registration of players (3 people on 29 July, mid-morning to mid-afternoon)
- Entry gate for spectators and car park (3-4 people on each of 3 shifts every day)
- Catering (we already have some volunteers but more are needed each day to spread the load – please respond to Linda)
- Bar (we already have a few volunteers but we need 2 people on each of 3 shifts each day - please respond to Clive)
- Sales of merchandise (1 – 2 people on each of 2 shifts each day)
- Scoreboard operators (up to 4-8 people on last four days)
- Ball boys/girls (2 needed for final only)
- Infrastructure preparation (prior to the Championships- separate request to follow)
- Video streaming and photo-journalism (contact Webmaster)
Unless otherwise stated, please contact the Club Secretary
The 2 last news
GC Singles Competition 17th June 2022
The competition was in three divisions separated by handicap range.
The winner of Block A was Morgan Case; the winner of Block B was Vincent L’Estrange and the winner of Block. C was David Dickins. This was a first for all three.
Congratulations to all three and thanks to Fiona Phillips for managing the event.
The MidSummer Short Croquet competition is cancelled due to lack of entries.